With commitment, persistence and hard work, the following Apprentices can proudly call themselves Journeymen with Carpenters Local 13! Congratulations to ALL!
- Colin Andrews – Graduated 5/16/2020
- Miguel Arceo – Graduated 9/22/2020
- Charles Bartelheim – Graduated 6/7/2020
- Cody Buffer – Graduated 8/23/2020
- Daniel Cummane, Jr. – Graduated 8/30/2019
- Alexander Delgado – Graduated 9/14/2020
- Benjamin Forsythe – Graduated 3/26/2020
- Jesse Guzman – Graduated 11/9/2020
- Patrick Kierzkowski – Graduated 2/17/2020
- Malcolm Lane – Graduated 11/16/2020
- Allen Martinez – Graduated 5/28/2020
- Anthony Mlyniec – Graduated 6/7/2020
- Mark Moody – Graduated 6/28/2020
- Danilo Rivera, II – Graduated 11/18/2020
- Ramiro Rojas – Graduated 6/21/2020
- Priscilla Tanon – Graduate 2/26/2020
- Robert Vasicek – Graduated 12/31/2019
- Steven Whitney – Graduated 11/15/2020
- Robert Willette – Graduated 12/28/2020
TO: ALL LOCAL UNIONS, BUSINESS REPRESENTIATVES & ORGANIZERS
FROM: Gary Perinar, EST
Over the past few days, Nicholas Cortesi (Union Legal Services) has received numerous telephone calls from members stating that someone has wrongfully filed an unemployment claim on their behalf at the Illinois Department of Employment Security.
Please notify your members that this type of fraud should be treated as Identity theft and these are some of the steps they need to follow:
- File a report at their local police department;
- File an online complaint with the Illinois Department of Employment Security: https://www2.illinois.gov/ides/Pages/UI_Fraud_by_Individuals.aspx
- File an online complaint with the Illinois Attorney General’s Office: https://illinoisattorneygeneral.gov/about/email_ag.jsp
- File an online complaint with the Federal Trade Commission: https://www.ftc.gov/faq/consumer-protection/submit-consumer-complaint-ftc
- Sign-up with a credit monitoring service such as Identity-IQ or Life-Lock to monitor their credit reports/scores.
If a member has additional questions, please have them contact Nicholas Cortesi at 877-694-2663.
Nicholas J. Cortesi
Attorney at Law/Principal
Union Legal Services, LLC
33 N. Dearborn St., 10th Fl.
Chicago, Illinois 60602
COVID-19 Preparedness Qualification Online Course. The Carpenters International Training Fund (CITF) developed this new qualification to educate members on methods to better protect themselves while on the job site. The new COVID-19 Preparedness Qualification (CITF) online course covers the rules and procedures outlined in the March 20, 2020, OSHA Guideline Document.
This online course is available to all members through the CITF Learning Management System (LMS). Upon completion of the course and test, the COVID-19 Preparedness Qualification (CITF) course will display on the member’s Training Verification Card (TVC).
You may access the CITF Online Learning Center from the Members section of Carpenters.org or by clicking on the link listed below.
If you created an account on Carpenters.org but are having problems with your login click on the link below for instructions.
For instructions to create an account on Carpenters.org click on the link below.
FROM: Gary Perinar, EST
It has come to our attention that some members while filing their Unemployment Application are having difficulty choosing between some of the options given for the question that applies to their most recent occupation.
According to IDES a union member should select the answer that reads:
“I am a construction worker seeking work in the construction field.”
NOT the first option (sample form attached)
#1 “I am a member of a Union. All my work assignments are made through a hiring hall”
Our members do not receive their work assignments from the Union/hall and are not employed by the Union. Terry McGann has prepared a more detailed explanation, see the attached Memo.
REMINDER – All Chicago Regional Council of Carpenters members who need help applying for unemployment benefits have access to FREE services provided by Union Legal Services through our partnership with the Midwest Coalition of Labor. For members that don’t have access to a computer or need additional assistance, they will fill out the forms and do the filing for them.
Call 877-694-2663 anytime, if all representatives are busy, members should leave a message and their call will be returned in the order it was received.